Friday, July 25, 2014

What Will Smith Confirmed for me

    Sometimes I break my own heart, simply because I'm the type of person that looks at the bigger picture of things when it comes to a lot of my goals. When it instead I should be honing in on the small steps it takes to accomplish those goals. 

    The perfect is example is when I first started writing my book. I had this amazing idea on how my book would turn out once completed. But as I worked towards that idea it wasn't easy at all as I focused way too much on the bigger picture of things.

    As anyone who has ever completed anything before knows that in the beginning and in the middle of that process, often times its not always easy to see your vision, especially when you still have a long way to go. I had to realized that the key to completing anything in life was and is to focus all your energy on completing one step at a time, for me the first step was creating my first sentence, then paragraph then chapter. Until all the pieces and steps completed my first book in it's entirety; This Is Not A Book, This Is A #ThrivingTool.   


    Actor, Will Smith confirmed my new found concept with the way he tackles projects as well. When asked what he learned after building a entire wall for his dad's store, when originally he told his daddy that he couldn't because he thought it was impossible for him and his younger brother, as they were 12 and 9 at the time. After a year and a half they did it, and that is when he learned the the key was laying one brick perfectly, then another and another until he had a wall, and saw how everything was to be approach that way to make accomplishing things easier. We must look it the same, Every small step is a brick that is creating our wall/goal. 



Every small step is a brick that is creating our wall/goal. www.njhorseplayer.com





@Everlecia 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Life

CEO Everlecia Taylor